Welcome to NOAA Boulder
This website is under maintenance, and the full content is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back again later.
Access Our Organizations
Reservations are required for the weekly public tour offered each Tuesday at 1pm. All tours are free to the public.
Security Procedures for Visitors
- Visitors are required to sign in and receive a visitor badge from the Visitors Center.
- Visitors to the site who are U.S. citizens must present a U.S. photo ID, such as a current state driver's license (exceptions below).
- Foreign Nationals must present a valid passport or a permanent resident ID ("green card").
- All IDs must be originals only – no photocopies accepted.
- Effective July 21, 2014, under the REAL
ID Act of 2005, federal agencies can only accept a state-issued
driver's license or identification card for access to federal facilities if issued by states
that are REAL ID compliant or have an extension. You can find additional details on the
DHS web site.
- To receive a visitor badge, all visitors are required to park next to the Visitors Center and enter. Security personnel will make a badge and conduct screening. Security personnel will also inspect vehicles prior to entrance of the site.
- These are our requirements as per Homeland Security regardless of security threat level. If you have any questions, please contact Matthew Snyder, Deputy Chief of Police, 303-497-5236.